Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What I learned in Las Vegas ... MASKING!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to present in Las Vegas!  The Nevada Google Apps for Education Summit!  It was another one of those times when I am reminded that we are leaders!  We ARE ahead of the pack!  We are digital pioneers!

Many of the teachers that were there were using personal GMail accounts to share documents, create forms, contact parents, manage calendars, etc.  Mary Ellen Sauser and I were doing that "Before Matt" and  WAY before we were 1:1.  I can't imagine going back to those times!  We are fortunate, really, we are!

But on to what I learned!  One of the things I learned more about is the poor, forgotten child of Google Drive - DRAWINGS!  Oh, what I learned!  I learned how to make banners for web pages, interactive buttons, use masking to give images a shape, and even how to create digital handouts like Venn Diagrams!

I can't wait to share more on this ... but here's one little snippet.  I'm sure some of you know about this but it was new to me this weekend!!




So, you see, what happens in Vegas doesn't all have to stay in Vegas!  

No comments:

Post a Comment